Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:22 pm
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Sept 9th, 2012
Miracle of Miracles! The Guild Chat room is back online and ready to meet your social and mead drinking needs!

Jan 1st, 2012
From your fellow Rangers: Happy New Year!

Nov 24th, 2011
The Rangers Guild wishes you a Happy Thanksgiving! Details...

Nov 11th, 2011
Valkyrie, creator of many popular Oblivion 'short films' returns with the release of Skyrim and promises new videos based on the next installment in the Elder Scrolls series. Details...

Nov 11th, 2011
TESV: Skyrim has been released! Discuss here!

Mar 22nd, 2011
We would like to extend a warm welcome to several new members who have joined our community and are now running an active roleplay. Details...

Jan 1st, 2011
Happy New Year's, and welcome to 2011 from the Rangers Guild!

Sept 15th, 2010
liberator341 has been nominated to become a member of the Guild Order of Scribes. Congratulations!

Jan 1st, 2010
Best wishes for your New Year from everyone here at the Rangers Guild!

March 30th, 2009
Bostonian and Eclaveriia have each received their own Writer Subforums for their outstanding contributions to the Guild's fiction library. Congratulations!

March 14th, 2009
The Guild Art Tournaments have been relaunched with a whole new system in place for running them. Now accepting submissions!

March 7th, 2009
A rundown of upgrades to the Rangers Guild currently in the works has been laid out by the Guildmaster.

October 17th, 2008
The RP Gah-Jorane: The Great Betrayal has received its own subforum, and its creators made members of the Guild Order of Game Masters! Congratulations!

August 17th, 2008
Final results for the 7th Guild Writing Tournament are posted! Details...

August 4th, 2008
The RP A Black Moon Rises has received its own subforum, and its creator, Lord Rahl, has been made a member of the Guild Order of Game Masters! Congratulations!

July 27th, 2008
The 7th Guild Writing Tournament is now under way! Details...

July 17th, 2008
Now accepting submissions for the 7th Rangers Guild Writing Tournament! Details...

Vote for the next Guild Favorites Tournament Category Details...

July 5th, 2008
There are major additions and changes to the Guild Code of Conduct. Please read it carefully. Details...

June 15th, 2008
There are 7 new writer subforums. Details...

May 27th, 2008
Happy 2nd Anniversary, Rangers Guild!

May 24th, 2008
Results for the 6th Rangers Guild Writing Tournament are in! Details...

May 12th, 2008
Guild Archon Valkyrie now has his own web site dedicated to his excellent work in video creation. Details...

May 6th, 2008
The 6th Rangers Guild writing tournament is under way! Details...

Apr 30th, 2008
Art Tournament #3 has ended, and the results are now posted. Details...

Apr 19th, 2008
Voting has begun for the Rangers Guild Art Tournament #3! Check out the photos our members submitted and cast your vote. Details...

Apr 8th, 2008
Nirano and YessMasster are new members of the Guild High Council! Details...

Apr 4th, 2008
Another photo tournament has begun! Details...

Mar 25th, 2008
The Order of Scribes has elected a member to the High Council... Congratulations to Drowelite!

Mar 9th, 2008
There's a new station on Guild Radio, "Valk's Picks", with music from Valkyrie's personally licensed collection! Details...

Mar 5th, 2008
The 6th Rangers Guild Writing Tournament is now accepting submissions. Any genre welcome, includng fan fiction. Become the new Guild writing Champion! Details...

Mar 4th, 2008
Gary Gygax, co-creator of Dungeons & Dragons, dies at 69. Visit the tribute thread and pay your respects. Details...

Feb 29th, 2008
The Epic RP "The Darkness" has returned! A massive story summary, new move, and even a teaser/trailer are posted. Details...

Jan 1st, 2008
The Rangers Guild wishes you a happy new year!

Nov 10th, 2007
The Order of Game Masters has elected a member to the High Council... Congratulations to Zantadeschia!

Nov 5th, 2007
The Guild Favorite Tournaments (CRPG & Sci-Fi Film) are over and winners have been declared1 Details...

Writing Tournament #6 Final Results

Lord Cryofax
Guildmaster (Admin)
Guildmaster (Admin)

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:29 pm
      Post subject: Writing Tournament #6 Final Results
The Rangers Guild Writing Tournament #6
1,500 Words or less, any genre, fan fiction okay

FINAL STANDINGS

Winner : A Beautiful Duel (131 Points)
Author : BSD-IES

2nd Place : Dousing the Torch (129 points)
Author : Darkynd

3rd Place : A Mind's Perception (118 points)
Author : Lord Rahl

Honorable Mention : 66 and Truth (117 points)
Author : Drowelite

Participants :

Death Warrant (105 points)
Author : Lordban

Obedience at a Cost (70 points)
Author : Molotov

The Assassination King John Gregory III (56 points)
Author : bartimeaus77

Thank you and congratulations to everyone who participated, either as a writer or reader.

Feel free to comment in this thread. Posts following this one are NOT ANONYMOUS.

- Cryo

BSD-IES
Strider
Strider

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:41 am
      Post subject:
Wow, that was close Yell

Only 2 points between myself and Darkynd - one of my favourite TES writer's, I've commented on his stories here, Chorrol, Fanfiction.net etc etc, and I have to be honest, I'd had Dousing the Torch placed first in my personal list - although I obviously hadn't known who'd written it.

I have to admit, when the first comments came out I really didn't expect this to do very well. Some of the early comments seemed to have missed what I was trying to do, so I'd like to express my thanks to those who commented in the thread sticking up for it Grin

Great competition, some terrific stories - I think a large well done to everyone who entered is in order. Smile

bartimeaus77
Ranger
Ranger

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:46 am
      Post subject:
Trust me when I say, I am not a sore loser. Congratulations to BSD-IES and all who participated. Personally I am not suprised by coming last, that story was far from my best work. Perhaps next time I'll do better, again my Congratulations to everyone. And no hard feelings for comments posted by both myself and others ageinst our stories.

Darkynd
Ranger
Ranger

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:48 am
      Post subject:
Oh my, that was close. I'm not sure if I deserved second place, since I honestly think that my story was weak - at least when it came to the ending.

But enough about about me, many congratulations to BSD-IES! A Beautiful Duel was without a doubt one of my two top stories (the other one was my own, naturally Tongue ), and it's gratifying to know that I compared so well with so many other talented people. And BSD, many thanks for your kind words about my writing.

Again, congrats to the winner! Good job all round, as well.

Lord Cryofax
Guildmaster (Admin)
Guildmaster (Admin)

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:52 pm
      Post subject:
bartimeaus77 wrote:
Trust me when I say, I am not a sore loser. Congratulations to BSD-IES and all who participated. Personally I am not suprised by coming last, that story was far from my best work. Perhaps next time I'll do better, again my Congratulations to everyone. And no hard feelings for comments posted by both myself and others ageinst our stories.

No one has anything to be ashamed of. As I said before every story had something to like. In your case Bart, the idea of the medieval noir mystery was great. If you'd had a little more time to clean up some grammar mistakes and flesh it out more (it was reduced from a longer story, was it not?) it would have scored far higher. So no worries. Every story is a ship that sinks or floats on its own. We review, learn, and move forward. I'm going to say again I would love to see you continue some sort of mystery series based on these or similar circumstances. It was possibly the most original idea in the contest.

bartimeaus77
Ranger
Ranger

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:14 pm
      Post subject:
Lord Cryofax wrote:
bartimeaus77 wrote:

No one has anything to be ashamed of. As I said before every story had something to like. In your case Bart, the idea of the medieval noir mystery was great. If you'd had a little more time to clean up some grammar mistakes and flesh it out more (it was reduced from a longer story, was it not?) it would have scored far higher. So no worries. Every story is a ship that sinks or floats on its own. We review, learn, and move forward. I'm going to say again I would love to see you continue some sort of mystery series based on these or similar circumstances. It was possibly the most original idea in the contest.

Thanks Cryo! I think I might well do that, onwards and upwards as they say. To the Original Writing Forum!
Seriously, I think I will make a series out of it. Although, I'll be sure to make the grammer and speling correct this time. (Yes, I spelt spelling wrong on purpose Tongue)

P.S Yes it was reduced from a longer story, it was originally meant for the first version of the 6th writing comp.

Lord Rahl
Ranger
Ranger

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:38 pm
      Post subject:
No means to disagree, but I wouldn't exactly fancy it the most original... not saying mine was, but still.

Cathy
Champion (Writing)
Champion (Writing)

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:12 pm
      Post subject:
Congratulations BSD-IES. I really enjoyed your story. I agree with Cryo - all the stories had merit. I admire the creativity and imagination that went into them - definitely not my strength!!

I would also like to thank Cryo and Secret for making so much effort to judge each story individually and to provide detailed feedback. I think it's great that everyone seems to take the feedback as it is intended - as a basis for improvement.

Looking forward to the next one.

Lord Athas
Ranger
Ranger

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:02 pm
      Post subject:
Congradulations to all the participants of the writing contest, they were a good and entertaining read. My particular favorite was A Beautiful Duel, followed by Mind's Perception. The latter gave a very interesting take on the mind and magic which I enjoyed. However, no matter the winners and the participants, I enjoyed all the stories.

Congradulations once again!

Darkynd
Ranger
Ranger

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:58 pm
      Post subject:
Lord Rahl wrote:
No means to disagree, but I wouldn't exactly fancy it the most original... not saying mine was, but still.

It's somewhat difficult to disagree with something that no one said in the first place, eh? No one is claiming their story the most original.

Lord Rahl
Ranger
Ranger

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:34 pm
      Post subject:
Cryofax said it was possibly the most orginal idea in the contest. Again, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I'm just throwing my opion out there.

Nirano
Council Member
Council Member

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:46 am
      Post subject:
Congratulations everyone! I thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's story, and I can say that this competition was one of the best. Good job BSD-IES, your story deserved a win, and to everyone else, you all belonged in this contest and I hope to read more of your work!

All times are